Michael is an Illinois licensed CPA i practice for over 25 years with deep experiences in complex business, financial, tax preparation, audit and appeal matters. These experiences along with the use of evolving technologies have brought me to a standing of a ‘virtual’ CPA and CFO advising entrepreneurs and their businesses in the U.S. and in other parts of the world.
Along the way an in an adjunct role to that of being a CPA, I’ve been a business executive, real estate broker and advisor, software professional and President of 3 software companies -- one of which I took public before it was fashionable. I’ve got hands on accounting experience as a CPA in public practice, as senior executive heading up project teams, and at helping to put companies together, administer and run them, and in helping management capitalize on their human resources, proprietary business and technology investments. My experience ranges from direct hands-on day to day work to large scale project business & financial planning and management. I’m accustomed to speaking with different members of management and in presenting technical or complex subject matter in deliberative fashion to win friends and influence people.
I’m an experienced Business Systems Analyst having helped clients define, assess, bid, select and implement technology based solutions to real world business and accounting needs. I have expertise in other areas such as real estate having helped others find, develop, configure, and sell commercial property. I mention these other skill sets to demonstrate a strong, diverse background not typically associated with a CPA that includes strong inter-personal skills. I believe I can rise to the challenge whether narrowly focused in the accounting world or where more broad based multi-disciplined skills are called for.
Michael Graf, Jr. CPA – Chicago, IL
Accounting, Business, and Technology Consulting in private practice principally in my own name and that of the international consultancy of Halloran and Reilly LLC (1985 – Present).
CPA & Consultant to business on accounting & tax matters, technology, and helping them leverage their use and financial returns from investments in technology. I help my clients make business to business connections and help them solve business challenges.
Practice focused on client project initiatives including the usual bookkeeping, tax and write-up work, management consulting, start-up planning, financial system roll-out and the implementation of accompanying financial controls, computer systems implementation and software integration, and mergers & acquisitions work as a member of the management team.
• Advisor to Business Owners and Consultant to Management.
• Practitioner & Preparer registered before IRS (tax returns, audit, and appeals) since 1986.
• Authored numerous complex Business Plans which include detailed financial projections.
• Assisted clients in obtaining financing from a few thousand to many millions of dollars.
• Conducted in-depth acquisition analysis and planning.
• Conducted requirements analysis for clients seeking new automated software systems, both for accounting and advanced management reporting purposes.
• Conducted many computer system implementations and software installations.
• Conducted migrations of financial record keeping systems from old systems to new.
• Advisor to Business Owners and Consultant to Management in acquiring and using real estate for personal and business needs.
Managing Member of Halloran and Reilly, LLC
CPAs and Consultants to Entrepreneurs and their Businesses
Clients vary from entrepreneurs starting a business to several now pursuing $100,000,00 operations. For several, Halloran and Reilly is the administrative back office handling all administrative functions from its offices in Chicago as a virtual CFO.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL ---
• MBA, Concentration in Accountancy, Western Michigan University Kalamazoo, MI 1980
• BBA, Accounting & Finance Majors, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI 1976
• Certified Public Accountant (1982 – Illinois)
• American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
• Illinois Society of Certified Public Accountants (ILCPA)
✓ Member, Board of Directors Membership Review Taskforce (1996)
✓ Past Chairman, Public Relations Committee (1994 & 1995)
✓ Public Relations Committee Member (1990-1995)
✓ Past Chairman, Small Business Assistance Committee (1989 & 1990)
✓ Director of Small Business Consulting Group (1988)
✓ Member, Real Estate Committee (1988)
• Real Estate Broker (1988 - Licensed in Illinois)
• Various voluntary positions over time with charitable, not-for-profit groups